Welcome to Flee the Jungle Portland: It’s our first local city site. All the stores below are based in Portland — post suggested additions in the comments below and contact us if you want to volunteer to help manage parts of these listings or start your own city. National alternatives to Amazon are available at FleetheJungle.com.
- Powell’s: City of Books since 1971. Famous bookstore with several locations including the downtown store with coffeeshop.
- Broadway Books: Locally owned with new and some used books. 1714 NE Broadway.
- Annie Blooms: Independent bookstore, new books across all genres. 7834 SW Capitol Hwy.
- Cameron’s Books and Magazines: Selling good used books and magazines at fair prices, located downtown Portland.
- New Renaissance Bookshop: Portland’s bookshop for conscious living. Selling more than books, you can also find gifts, meditation pillows, or get a chakra reading and massage. 1338 NW 23rd Ave.
- Green Bean Bookshop: Independent children’s bookstore in Alberta Arts District.
- Reading Frenzy: Small locally owned specialty bookshop, event space, and gallery. 3628 N. Mississippi Ave.
- Bridge City Comics Comic books and graphic novels. 3725 N. Mississippi Ave.