Welcome to Flee the Jungle Portland: It’s our first local city site. All the stores below are based in Portland — post suggested additions in the comments below and contact us if you want to volunteer to help manage parts of these listings or start your own city. National alternatives to Amazon are available at FleetheJungle.com.
Toys and Gifts for Kids
Portland has a ton of local toy shops, each offering a unique retail experience.
- Kids at Heart Toys: Toys, games, puppets, books, art supplies & other items with a creative bent for kids of all ages. 3445 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
- Cloud Cap Games: Whimsical little game store, including tables and instruction provided in the playroom. 1226 SE Lexington St.
- Oodles 4 Kids: Toy store at 7727 SE 13th Ave.
- Thinker Toys: Cheerful neighborhood fixture for unique, upscale toys & games, with gift wrap & a kids’ playhouse. 7784 SW Capitol Hwy.
- Finnegan’s Toys & Gifts: Retailer specializing in unique & classic toys & gifts in a lively, large environment. 820 SW Washington St.
- Child’s Play Portland: Old-school shop stocking new, educational & unique toys, books, dolls & puppets for babies & kids. 2305 NW Kearney St.
- Piccolo Mondo Toys: Family-owned shop featuring toys & games from all over the world & gift-wrapping service. 4768 NW Bethany Blvd C5.
- Spielwerks Toys: Store with an activity area, carrying select European, wooden & handmade toys for imaginative play. 3808 N Williams Ave # 121.
- Grasshopper: Children’s emporium specializing in organic & American-made apparel, nontoxic toys, books & decor. 1816 NE Alberta St.
- Polliwog Portland: Eco-focused children’s clothes, toys & books, including some local wares for Kids and Babies. 234 NE 28th Ave.
- Whistle Trains Stop: Model trains. 11724 SE Division St.